Tuesday, 23 April 2019

Mérieux NutriSciences to acquire majority stake in Acumen Scientific Sdn. Bhd.

20 March 2019 | News

With this investment, Mérieux NutriSciences strengthens its presence in South-East Asia to better serve its clients in the region, and especially its global clients. Malaysia will be the 24th country where Mérieux NutriSciences is present around the globe.

Loading...

Mérieux NutriSciences has signed the acquisition of 51% of the shares of Acumen Scientific Sdn. Bhd (Acumen) fromTexchem Resources Bhd which remains shareholder for the remaining 49%. With this acquisition, Mérieux NutriSciences consolidates its presence in Asean.

Acumen is a leader in food, microbiology and chemical testing in Malaysia and a global solution provider offering an extensive range of analytical testing and monitoring services. The company operates 3 laboratories in Perai, Subang Jaya and Johor Bahru and employs about 100 people.

Philippe Sans, President and CEO of Mérieux NutriSciences said, " This partnership provides us a strong entry into the flourishing Malaysian food safety market. Both companies share the same passion for the highest quality standards and will team up to constantly improve the safety of food products and consumer health”.

Tan Sri Dato’ Seri (Dr.) Fumihiko Konishi, Executive Chairman of Texchem Resources Bhd said “This collaboration with Mérieux NutriSciences, one of the major international players of the industry in the world, is a major milestone for Acumen to scale greater heights in this industry.  Texchem will continue to support Acumen to achieve its goals.”

With this investment, Mérieux NutriSciences strengthens its presence in South-East Asia to better serve its clients in the region, and especially its global clients. Malaysia will be the 24th country where Mérieux NutriSciences is present around the globe.

Comments

× Your session has been expired. Please click here to Sign-in or Sign-up
   New User? Create Account